Simple secrets to be successful in life — Dawn Cady Self Care
As time marches on, the best we can do is to accept that life is full of challenge and I think the biggest challenge is to find time of self care.
Throughout our life, most of us struggle to adjust balance between our priorities, habits and the standards we hold for ourselves.
If we are not completely healthy then we can’t be successful and happy in life. Sickness small or big will snatch happiness from our life, so we should always try to keep ourselves fit and and healthy.
I’d like to share a few ideas on how to go about achieving the kind of success that appeals personal to you.
Here are my tips for living on purpose to help you achieve true happiness:
Develop your interests
Determine what you are truly interested in.
And if this doesn’t come easily to you, think back to what naturally brought you pleasure as a child.
Our early childhood is usually a time when we feel most free, creative and explorative because it’s the one time in our lives when we tend not to be constrained by ‘real life’ commitments and priorities that seem to dictate our adult lives.
Outside of my work, my pleasure interests are listening to music and exercise.
My favourite activities are bush walking, meditating, reading, canoeing, and dancing.
Sure, I go through periods where I don’t do them all, but these are a variety of activities that I can go to that bring me pleasure and joy.
So, my question for you is…what activities truly bring you pleasure and a sense of purpose?
- Start by reflecting on what things have brought you joy and satisfaction in the past. Write them down so you can see it. Remember, ‘out of sight out of mind’, so make it visual!
- Maximise your personal energy by paying attention to your diet and regular movement. Never forget that “Life is Movement”, so don’t play to get fit, get fit to play!
- Lose any fear or self-doubt that questions whether you’re good enough and just experience and experiment with your chosen passions for what they’re worth to YOU;
- Don’t compare yourself to others who may have the same interests. Whether they’re at a more advanced level than you or not, doesn’t matter. Remember, you’re in this for the joy it brings you!
Take appropriate action
Be a ‘do it now’ person.
Action is where it’s at, so don’t over analyse your every move because if you do that, chances are you’ll find reasons not to do it and you’ll be short-changing yourself of added fulfillment in your life!
- Always believe 100% in what you’re doing; an unshakable belief that you’re good enough will keep you on track.
- Be interdependent: mix with like-minded people; independence in isolation can never create synergy, so don’t be shy to join a group of others who share the same interests or who can support you on your journey.
- Communicate your own ideas to others and listen to other people’s ideas. Everything great in this world starts with an idea and then conversations help to turn those ideas into reality.
- Enjoy the process and celebrate often
Progress is where it’s at for living in a constant state of happiness, so always consider your passions on a regular basis, exploring ideas, trying new ventures, you’ll carry around with you a feeling of self worth that makes you feel proud and is infectious to others and remember to celebrate the little wins and experiences along the way because you deserve to not take life too seriously.
Love yourself and appreciate what you have and I am sure this approach will definitely guide you towards discovering your true self and living your dreams.