The Neural Alignment Method®

Pain. You can almost feel it just reading the word.

When it’s acute (sharp and/or severe, but of short duration), the treatment is based on the fact that our body will take over and do its job. That is, the pain will gradually resolve as the injured tissues heal. Most-used methods and therapies have this approach – they are missing a vital step when it comes to chronic pain, though.

This type of pain lasts for more than three months. It can become progressively worse, happen intermittently, and persist after the underlying cause is treated – for no apparent biological cause. Chronic pain is much deeper than acute, it requires “you” to be in control, as your mind and body are not able to deal with the situation.

This is an important concept to grasp, as it might sound strange to suggest that you are neither your mind nor your body. Think of them as assistants that help you achieve what you want. For example, when you take on a new job, your mind will help you by learning the skills you need and your body will transport you to where you need to be. They are a superb team. But they are not in control – nor are they designed to be – they need to be directed!

You can see through the above example that it is “you” who chooses, the mind and body then follow. If you do not instruct them, you are not in control. The mind needs you to be present, or else it will go off on its own and actually create work, leading to depression, anxiety, and even PTSD. The fact is that most of us “check out,” with chronic pain sufferers being present only about 5% of the time, meaning “you” are directing and instructing only 5% of each day. With your mind in control, and focused only on the pain, it is actually instructing the body to stay in pain. Ouch.

The good news is that it is that simple: what the mind sets out to do, it will achieve. The bad news is that when something is so profoundly simple, we find ways to discredit it, ignore it or over-complicate it. We believe that what is true leads directly to acceptance and action. We forget that simple does not necessarily mean easy. We may not realise that 95% of our mind has been programmed starting from the day we were born – some of it great, some not – so we default to living our life the same old way. NOTE: do not let this lead you down the path of blame, shame, guilt, or feeling like a victim. Remember, this will have your mind focused on that, causing you to experience more of the same. See how that works?!

Okay, so if we accept that it is simple, why isn’t it simple to put into practice? Now that you know only about 5% of “you” is aware of this, where is the other 95%? It’s in various stages of hoping it’s true, believing it’s true, thinking it’s too simple/ridiculous/hard/impossible, it’s for everyone but me, it’s unbelievable …

Get it? You name it, you will have every possible excuse come up, as each part of your mind has been created to protect you, to keep you alive and safe. Your mind is doing its job, but you can’t stay this way if you want to end your suffering.

So, though it is simple, it can be challenging. As you change and evolve, you will experience growing pains. Think back to a time you learned something new and how you felt you were going nowhere, or perhaps even backwards, at first. Then, as you kept going, things just “clicked” and it became easier and easier. This is no different, it just takes time – my promise to you is that every moment spent is worth it.

The Neural Alignment Method® shows you exactly how to take control, how to communicate with your mind and body, so that you can move beyond the pain to whatever you choose. This system will help make something hard to comprehend understandable.

The first step is identifying what caused the pain initially and what is triggering it now. When you can pinpoint what set it off in the present, you can trace it back to when it was created in the past.

Next comes removing the root cause of the pain…by doing this, the triggers of the pain will naturally start to collapse. This is how we are able to create long term change and realign the neural pathways to serve you, not destroy you.

When you have tipped the scales in your favour, your pain is no longer in control, “you” are – of your own mind and body. Together we can make thriving your natural state of being; let’s get started!

I would remortgage my house for what you have done for my family.

Wendy James, Sydney

Break FREE from your pain today

Control my Pain

Learn the tools and techniques to overcome anxiety associated with pain, in life, work and relationships. Set your mindset up for success, as we begin the process of healing from the inside out.

Break the Cycle

Group coaching with weekly calls and support from others committed to breaking the cycle, just like you.

Freedom from Pain

Join our signature online small group program with weekly coaching calls with Dawn, and access to the Break the Cycle group